Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me OST 2LP
Cherry pie colored vinyl.
Death Waltz Records
Fire Walk With Me is an altogether more brooding affair than the Twin Peaks series soundtrack. Badalamenti won a grammy for the title track of this LP and it's not hard to see why- it's dangerous, and bursting with smokey jazz thanks to Jimmy Scott. We went back to the master tapes in the Warner Archives and had this recut to fit across two LPs as the score clocks in at 51 minutes. It sounds incredible and punchy, but super nuanced too.
From the brooding opening bars of the main Fire Walk With Me Theme, Angelo Badalamenti's gorgeous, eerie score introduces us to a cinematic experience which significantly begins with the smashing of a television screen. Just as the Main Title from Blue Velvet echoed the Hitchcockian hues of Bernard Herrmann, so here we have just the slightest touch of Taxi Driver, as Jim Hynes' plaintive, keening trumpet soars above a landscape of melancholy keyboards, drawing us into a world which is at once alien and familiar.
* Director approved artwork
* Composer approved audio
* Sleeve notes By film critic Mark Kermode (approved by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti)
* Vinyl re-master by Tal Miller at Warner Archives
* Laquers cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl
* 2 x 180G Cherry Pie vinyl
* 425gsm Gatefold sleeve housed inside a bespoke black die cut outer jacket with black spot varnish finish, complete with obi strip.
01. Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me (6:40)
02. The Pine Float (3:58)
03. Sycamore Trees (3:52)
04. Don't Do Anything (I Wouldn't Do) (7:17)
05. A Real Indication (5:31)
06. Questions In A World Of Blue (4:50)
07. The Pink Room (4:02)
08. The Black Dog Runs At Night (1:45)
09. Best Friends (2:12)
10. Moving Through Time (6:41)
11. Montage From Twin Peaks -
Girl Talk / Birds In Hell /
Laura Palmer's Theme / Falling (5:27)
12. The Voice Of Love (3:55)