We Are Hiring
Tacoma's best independent record store is looking for a seasonal part-time employee! We pride ourselves in creating a welcoming atmosphere for music lovers of all kinds across the South Sound. Good customer service, a positive attitude, and willingness to learn are paramount in this role. You will need to have a base knowledge and passion for music as well as some experience with vinyl records.
Please note this is a temporary position that will begin in August and last until January 2020.
- Must be available Saturdays and Sundays between 10am - 8pm
- 15-20 hours per week
- Applicants must be 18 or older
- Be able to lift 50lbs
- Retail experience a plus
- Ringing up sales using Square POS
- Assisting customers and showing them around the store
- Filing records, CDs and DVDs alphabetically on the store floor
- Providing recommendations and being a source of music knowledge
- Packing and shipping mail orders
- Basic cleaning and organizing
How to Apply
To be considered, please email your resume as well as answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. Beatles or Stones? Why?
2. If a customer comes in the store and chooses Fleetwood Mac - Rumours and Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, what would you suggest for a third choice? Why?
3. If a customer comes in the store and chooses Mac Demarco - Salad Days and Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit, what would you suggest for a third choice? Why?
4. Tell us about a couple of your favorite new releases from this year. How do you discover new music?
5. What is the first album you ever bought (any format- vinyl, CD, tape, etc.)? What is the most recent album you bought?
6. What was the best live show you've ever seen?
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR COME INTO THE STORE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS POSITION. We will only consider applicants who send their resumes via email along with the questionnaire.